A Chaotic Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A Chaotic Forum

About Anything

Becoming a Priestess

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Becoming a Priestess Empty Becoming a Priestess

Post  Admin Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:22 pm

"I am going to stick to the term "priestess" throughout this article. So, you male readers, bear with me, and just substitute "priest" for "priestess"."

http://www.sacredserpent.net/becoming-a-priestess.html

"Spiritual pride is one of the worst ego afflictions."

There are a few issues in this for me, such as this:
    "The key phrase is: "to the best of your ability", it doesn't matter how good or poor the prayers are compared with somebody else's but they have to be the best that you can do."

What difference does it make? You are not being judged on how devotional you are through your ability to write 'good', surely. Your heart will tell all no matter what the writing says.
    I love the Divine Mother, and the Divine Father. My actions and emotions paint a picture far more telling than those mere words ever could.

"whilst I am profoundly grateful to Shiva and the Goddess for bringing the right teachers at the right time and letting me hear the scriptures explained, etc, it was still I who had to do the work and go through the suffering."

Perhaps not grateful enough if it seemed such a chore....
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Becoming a Priestess Empty Re: Becoming a Priestess

Post  Admin Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:23 pm

"One of the greatest obstacles on the spiritual path and really in all walks of life, is being a loser! Am I being unfair to the poor, unfortunate losers now? No, because being a loser is not something that a person is born with, like a disability, or simply can't help being."
    http://www.sacredserpent.net/be-a-winner.html

Sigh...The 'us and them' mentality.... I thought that was EGO affliction?
    NOBODY is a loser!

Astrology doesn't agree, and neither do I.

I guess the article isn't really all that after all....

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:39 pm